So….did you guys see it….?
The tweet from Piero?
From 3 minutes ago?
That says…. “TIME TO LEAVE… #sad&happy #airport #newtour #TOUR2013 #USA #MissYouAll #ReadyToGo…”
THEY’RE ON THEIR WAY!!!!!!
1) The time is near, the first concert of 2013 is August 25th in Vancouver! Rumor has it that Il Volo will be arriving in North America on 8/21/13, we all hope so!
2) TWITTERS AND TWEETS
Piero sends us a picture of his very colorful shoes, have you all seen them on Instagram?
He also sent a picture of himself on a Vespa, he tweeted “I’m Italian”.
Gianluca was the most prolific on Twitter this weekend. He tweeted “I love chocolate cookies” “I ate too much” “listening to JTimberlake” He asked his fans what suit he should wear at the first concert, his black suit is his favorite. he tweeted to his fans that he had 50,000 followers and is very grateful.. He said last night “It is time to go to sleep, you always fill my heart with joy everyday, I love you all” You fill our hearts with joy too, Gianluca!
Today he tweets “off to the beach”
Ignazio tweeted a picture of himself and said “sleepy”. He did indeed look as if he needed a nap. He also tweeted that he is excited for the new tour to begin!
3) Il Volo Mundial and Team Il Volo had announcements on the upcoming Christmas Special, “Buon Natale” It will be on PBS stations at the end of November. CDs and DVDs will be available at that time through PBS, in stores at a later date.
4) A reminder to watch “Home and Family” on 8/23/13 for the re-run of Il Volo’s appearance. Hallmark Channel @ 12 noon.
5) Thanks everyone for sending us your choices of your favorite songs. Many found it very difficult to choose just one!
1) It’s pretty quiet in Il Volo Land. We are still awaiting the return of “The Boys” to The USA. We are hoping for their arrival, prehaps by next week, but no definite dates are available.
2) Gianluca tweeted this morning that “I have a cold, it makes me so nervous” I’m sure his mom is taking good care of him and giving a lot of chicken soup.
3) There is a sweet picture of Gianluca and his beloved Nonno.
4) Piero sent an Instagram of himself on a Vespa!
He is still frolicing on the beach with friends as vacations draw to a close.
5) No new word from Ignazio, he enjoys his privacy, it’s well deserved after being in the public eye so much.
6) Please take a trip around our Blog. Take the ” So you think you know The Boys” quiz.
7) Weigh in on our poll “What is your favorite song?”
Hi Everyone! We have a new feature here on the blog! Most of you know Myron, but for those that don’t, he is a voice teacher and recently took some of his students to see Il Volo perform in Chicago. He has sometimes served as a regional judge for music competitions over the years, and has mentioned before that he loves to discuss the music.
We thought he would add a different aspect to our little home, and he will be talking about music: the boys’, performances, history, etc. We hope everyone will find it interesting if you don’t know much about music, and will engage in discussion and share your opinions as well. So, please enjoy his first piece! Kelly
The guys were in fine and, may I say, well rested singing voices. We Il Volo fans have all become used to very high vocal standards, and this was no exception. Wonderful. If I were to be a little, tiny bit “picky”, I felt Piero had a really special and excellent day. Gianluca and Ignazio were superb but this song works well for Piero.
Backup: I always wish for live orchestra – the Toinght Show does it, The Talk does not.
On this show the instrumental computer track was started a bit early as the group was just being announced. Thank goodness Gianluca (who starts the song) was on the ball and got it perfect. Having seen them live in Chicago to sing this exact song, I can tell you that the opening on the instrumental track is tricky. More proof of the high quality of musicians they are.
The entire segment ? I loved it. They were more relaxed and engaging than ever. They had fun with the ladies. My big thing about these talk shows is giving the guys more time to show their natural personality. This show has gotten better and better at doing that and today was warm and funny (Gianluca joking about Selena Gomez being his guest in Italy when she comes to take a cooking class and Ignazio joking about the eyes of one of the ladies) — one of the best Il Volo chat segments on network tv so far. I only wish Jay Leno would do that on the Tonight Show – have them over to the desk in the prior segment and chat with them and then have them sing in the next segment.
The TALK is always special because it was the very first American network show they ever did when they were 16 years old ! Back in fall of 2011.
Thank you, Myron!
1) The highlight of the day of course was the appearance of Il Volo on “The Talk”! What can I say they were charming, funny and sang “Can You Feel The Love Tonight” like angels!
I was really pleased to see that the hosts gave them some time and asked good questions. Sharon Osbourne complemented them on their English. She also said she would be attending their concert at Radio City in New York. Gianluca was charming when talking about their fans. Ignazio was a riot flirting like crazy with Sheryl Underwood, he’s so funny! When he was singing his part, they showed a glimpse of her swooning! They got a long standing ovation!!
2) Check some photos on Mundial of Piero doing a water slide with his sister and a picture of the family barbecue.
4) Gianluca’s Twitter page has a collage of him and Elvis in like poses, it was from one of his fans.
Gianluca also is using a new social media called “Brabble”, check it out.
5) See Mundial, they posted a video of “Beautiful Day”
I hope everyone got to see them today, if not I’m sure Mundial will have the video and you can catch it on Utube.
In Case You Missed It
1.) We would be remiss in not acknowledging the passing, at age 84 of singer, Eydie Gorme. Ms Gorme was a popular pop and jazz singer since the 50’s. She and her husband, Steve Lawrence toured the world as a duo for decades. She also did some spanish albums, notably “Amor” with her rendition of “Historia de Un Amor”.
Meheaton emailed this to “The Boy’s” manager, Michele Torpedine. Mr Torpedine did respond with his sympathies. I believe some of you received a copy of the e-mail.
2.) If you haven’t yet, check Il Volo Mundial Facebook for some very cute pictures of Gianluca with a fan, she looks so happy and he was very sweet with her.
3.) There is a notice on Mundial to show “The Boys” some respect and privacy in their private lives. Apparently there were some insulting tweets going on because Piero had a tweet from a Mexican actress.
4.) Il Volo will be special guests of “The Pooh” in Salerno on 8/12. There is still no word on when they will return here to the USA.
I reached out to a few people for help with the blog. I think everyone was very willing to help in any way they could, and I so appreciate that. This is our home, and I don’t think I should be the only one in charge. I spoke with a few people who happened to offer first, and that was all the thinking that really went into it. I hope no one is hurt by that.
Anyway, one of the people I reached out to is Linda S. She is going to be a contributor for us, collecting news bits from the web and bringing them back here. So, without further adieu, her first “In Case You Missed It” piece!
In Case You Missed It
1.) Detroit PBS is airing Il Volo “Buon Natale” on 8/14, a one time preview. The special will not air in the rest of the country until December. They are giving the opportunity to the Il Volo concert goers @ the Fox Theatre on 9/5. $125 donation for 1 ticket and $250 for a pair.
2.) As we still don’t know for sure when “The Guys” are returning here, we cannot be sure if their appearance on “The Talk” will be live or on tape. Marie Osmond is a guest co-host and Selena Gomez is also appearing.
(Edit: We have since learned that this appearance has been cancelled. )
3.) “The Guys” are enjoying the last days of their vacations:
Piero spent the day with his friends and driving cars with his uncle.
Gianluca is spending time with his brother watching soccer and movies.
Ignazio has not been heard from as much, but seems to be having a good time with his friends.
And now you’re caught up…In Case You Missed It!
Come in and share the love of life, friends and Il Volo!
Discovering Italy one trip at a time
A great WordPress.com site