What? Has it been 4 years already? Seems like only yesterday, well maybe last week to many of you. (ok, just pretend the picture says “4th” anniversary – I’m too tired to try and change it!) I did not find this site til about a year later, about June 2014. I have to say though, sometimes it feels like it’s been a lifetime already. How much the boys have done, grown, and accomplished in these last 4 years!
A little birdie swooped down about 6:30p last night to “remind” us it was the site’s 4-year anniversary. But before I could catch her, she swiftly few away as quickly as she made her fluttery appearance. So…. I thought I’d repost the “first” post, but somewhere the original Aug 8, 2013 post had disappeared? So, I went with the first one that is dated August 10, 2013 – 100 Comments in 2 days! Wow, those were the days!? It was written by Kelly and had 14 comments.
Wow we work fast! 100 comments in only 2 days!
I think The Boys approve! 😉
It’s looks like everyone here is having fun. I hope anyone that hasn’t made it over yet, will find their way. We miss you guys! *hugs*
I know Kelly and a few others are still around, that is pretty awesome! So, in honor of all of you who started with this crew and all of the new people that have joined us in the last few weeks even – a GRANDE GRAZIE MILLE! We couldn’t have done it without you!
Today, this is going to be YOUR post – made up of all of your comments. I will post it on Wednesday. I’d like you to answer 3 short questions:
- Do you remember how you found this site? How did you feel?
- What kept you coming back?
- What are some of your favorite posts or memories from this site?
I will give you my answers:
- After I had seen my first concert at Freedom Hill in June 2014, I just started scouring the Internet and somehow this site popped up. I felt I was finally at home, surrounded by hundreds of crazy people, just like me!
- I loved all the stories and each and every tidbit I could get from the site about the boys, personal details, pictures, concerts, meet/greets, and when they were coming back. I also loved reading all of the comments and the fun sparring back and forth of the fighting over the guys from all the “grandmothers!” 🙂
- Of course I have to say I love the things I wrote – lol! And of course all of the meet/greet reviews, concert reviews, heartfelt stories from Mary and Jane, and can’t forget Marie’s poetry – I love “Night before Christmas….”
Ok, here’s the challenge, we want to hear from you!! Let’s go for a goal of at least 50 comments. Pretend it’s one of those Il Volo polls and you can vote as many times as you want! Please feel free to comment, even if you never did before! And even if you have commented a 100 times before, like Loretta, Penina, Pirate, Rose Marie, Rosemary, Cynthia, Victoria, Gina, Jane, Kelly, Marie, Ann, Pat, Daniela, Dani, Lydka, Joanie, Madeline, Lynn, Mary, and these are just right off the top of my head, I know there are many more out there!! It says we have over 270 followers….
On your mark, get set, Il Volo!!!