I point out to you the beautiful analysis of this video. Analysis made by Valeria Bosch, who has been able to capture every nuance and describe everything with clear and accurate words that we immediately make ours.
Congratulations, as always to Valeria, for the wonderful work.
Waiting for the new chapter of the artistic life that Il Volo will write, when in 2019 they will celebrate ten years of their careers, like many IlVolovers I too go looking for Youtube videos of their performances, of the important and beautiful moments, of the interpretations that will always be remembered, of their trips, of their triumphs. So I found a video, made from “Il Volo performances” published on January 4, 2018 with the title “Il Volo. Top 7 Celebrity Audience Reactions”, seven moments of the career of Il Volo that show the enthusiastic, amazed reaction of many celebrities, listening to the three incredible Italian boys. They are (not in chronological order, but as flowing in the video):
1) BARBRA STREISAND – performing with the boys, in October 2012, in various American cities, a tour which was a milestone in their still young career. The big international star, certainly one of the greater singers living, had asked to be accompanied by the very young men: a clear declaration of admiration and respect for Gian, Ignazio and Piero, that Mrs. Streisand acknowledged, providing them, for the future, a passport of recognition worldwide.
2) LAURA PAUSINI – meets with Il Volo on the prestigious stage of the Madison Square Garden in New York City on March 6, 2014, and sings with them “In absence of you”, and then “Il Mondo”. During this second exhibition it’s palpable the astonishment of Laura for the singing of the boys. She looks, stops, listens, embraces them and at the end, raising arms, announcing “Italiani!”, that, if translated graphically, should written with hundred exclamation points! Laura expresses her pride for those young men of her country! Today it can easily be claimed that Laura and Il Volo, with Andrea Bocelli, form the short list of Italian singers most famous in the world.
3) SHARON STONE – in December 2017 the famous American diva, is in St. Moritz, Switzerland, for a charity event and attends a gala organized in her honor. She meets with Il Volo who performs for her. The boys sing a piece that is the flagship of Italian music in the world, “O Sole Mio”, and Sharon literally goes “crazy”: seduced from their beautiful singing and from the gallantry of the three boys, embracing them with kisses, singing with them. Her joy for meeting them is rousing and all the public participates with applause and enthusiasm for the three young Italian singers.
4) JENNIFER LOPEZ – and the same song, “O Sole Mio”, Il Volo sang at the edition of “American Idol” in 2011, with the three swans that were still ducklings, but with one voice that was already stellar: opposite to them one diva, the amazing Jennifer Lopez, applauding energetically, the public giving a standing ovation. And the next day a tweet from Britney Spears says… “Did you all see @IlVolo on Idol last night? SOOOOO cute… I loved them! Such talented little men. -Britney
5) JOSÉ JOSÉ – but, between those performances, the event that moves me most is that of “El Triste”, interpreted by the boys in honor of the legendary José José, during the Billboard Awards 2013. The old lion, that the Mexicans have always called “El Principe de la cancion”, now aged with years and from health not so vigorous, sits in the first row and listens to the first notes with curiosity, then with growing interest, then transformed in an amazed expression and finally in overwhelming enthusiasm with a vigorous applause and standing ovation!
6) GENTE DE ZONA – at the Latin American Music Awards 2015, Il Volo performs “Grande Amore”, the song that won the Festival of Sanremo. The audience enthusiasm is skyrocketing and is demonstrated with an interminable standing ovation and in the front row to applaud there is “Gente de Zona”, with whom the boys duetted in “Noche Sin Dìa” and Maria Arraras, famous Puerto Rican journalist of Telemundo.
7) The JURY OF AMERICA’S GOT TALENT 2017 – it’s the final evening of the famous American talent, guests of honor are the singers of Il Volo that performed in a lyric piece, “Nessun Dorma” by Puccini, a piece that could seem out of place on that stage, but the skill of boys is such that the public gave them an interminable standing ovation, also the jury! The jury was formed with supermodel Heidi Klum, singer Mel B, television star Howie Mandel and Simon Cowell, famous English record producer and creator of the format “X Factor”.
I think this video shows, for sure, how vast the enormous support for Il Volo is. I don’t think that celebrities like Barbra Streisand, José José, Laura Pausini would have expressed such enthusiasm and such unconditional admiration, if they had not recognized in the group a true musical talent, an interpretative and emotional ability, an air of freshness seen in the boys that was very unusual! In short, three excellent voices if listened to together, and great also if evaluated individually. Three boys who in years have continued to improve, with application of study and sacrifice, without escaping from the effort of long trips and continual travel, and without shying away from new challenges, especially with the new project “Notte Magica”!
Now we are waiting for them to test the ten years of collaboration. They’ll demonstrate the maturity reached, the ability acquired, the love for the music, ever stronger and more rooted. We know that they will always win their battle, they will surprise and still again conquer the world, all… children, young and adults, in Italy, in Europe, in America, in a word all over the world!
For the video, credits to “Il Volo Performances”.
Translation by Judy Paullin Thurman.