Below is an article today from our affiliate “All About Il Volo”. It clears up some of the confusion about Sanremo. It has some nice, and not so nice, reviews of our Guys. Thanks Marirussu.
or what the press said about…
Yesterday took place a preview for the 20 unreleased songs that will be presented on the 65º Festival della Canzone Italiana by the 20 big artists, among them Il Volo. The event was held with the presence of Carlo Conti, the artistic director of Sanremo 2015, critics, journalists and people related to the musical scene.
Several media published their ‘first’ impressions in general and in particular about the songs presented. All About Il Volo was publishing the sources and summaries on our Links and News but we decided to do a special article about the theme, waiting for more reviews and testimonials.
Almost all are very pessimist about the possibilities of the new songs. Some pointed that they are more of the same, Sanremo default products. Boring love songs said some media. They stated a lack of originality and real novelty on almost all the songs presented. But some welcomed the song of Mauro Coruzzi (Platinette) and Grazia Di Michelle as a good surprise, something out of sameness including the theme.
About Il Volo the reviews are almost the opposite, with some sources praising the great, magnificent song and another mocking the super mellow bordering on kitsch song. The reviews are not good or bad at all (more bad than good, let’s say), a little blasé, we can point, although some media published that Il Volo are the probable winner (sometimes in an ironic mod).
As we already said here: all criticism are welcomed, because they will be the scenario where Il Volo will shine more than ever. An opinion is not an offense, instead it was a opportunity to dialogue, to discuss ideas, to know more and to learn more.
. Sanremo 2015: pagelle e voti alle canzoni dei Big Annalisa, Chiara, Dear Jack, Fragola, Moreno, Il Volo, pre-ascolto – by Fabio Traversa on Reality Show (Blogo) – The article brought a summary of several reviews.
About Il Volo:
– Paolo Biamonte-Ansa: In Italy Il Volo has not found the same success that their tour in the world achieved. Grande amore is a pop ‘romance song’ with pressing strings and piping hot uvula not afraid to cross over into kitsch. Rated 5 – A Sanremo vincono amore e tradizione, il giudizio al primo ascolto.
– Andrea Laffranchi-Corriere della Sera: The three guys of Il Volo exaggerate with epic melodrama. – Gino Castaldo-Repubblica: The performance of Il Volo, Grande amore, Rate 2, seems a caricature of a South American soap.
– Marinella Venegoni-La Stampa: Il Volo, the triumph of the long loaf of Bocelli. Melodrama for yankees, a crossing of voices, boldness and kitsch.
– Marco Molendini-Il Messaggero: Il Volo starts with a flavor ‘battistiano’ “I close my eyes and think of her” (but not enough). (reference to Lucio Battisti)
– Paolo Giordano-Il Giornale: A rejoice (triumphant elation?) almost baroque of the Il Volo voices.
– Leonardo Iannacci-Libero: Il Volo, they return to make the “tre tenorini”.
– Stefano Mannucci- Il Tempo: Terrible pastiche ‘brother-tenors’ of Il Volo.
– Marco Mangiarotti-Qn: Il Volo, lyrical explosion but it is Naples in romance shape. The three boys try the long shot. Favorites? vote 6+ – Cantaci d’amore Sanremo. Ecco i brani dei big in gara.
– Federico Vacalebre-Il Mattino: Il Volo: the three tenorini mix neobelcanto and parodies of opera-rock of Queen.
– Renato Tortarolo-Il Secolo XIX: Il Volo: on romances the middle ground are dangerous. The ‘tenorini’ will also be famous but had to be less pop and more classic. A little courage. Insufficient.
– Silvia Truzzi-Il Fatto Quotidiano: Dear Jack, everything is very appealing and nothing out of place, will be liked. As well as Chiara and Il Volo (although the song is of a astonishing banality).
. Sanremo 2015, le canzoni in gara al Festival – on Lettera 43 (Jan 24, 2015 in Italian)
Il Volo: In Italy Il Volo has not found the same success that their tour in the world achieved. Grande amore is a pop ‘romance song’ with pressing strings and piping hot uvula not afraid to cross over into kitsch. Rated 5
. Canzoni di Sanremo 2015 – Tanto amore – TV Blog (Jan 23, 2015 in Italian)
According with TV Blog (Blogo) today took place expected the first listening of the Big songs of the Sanremo Festival. TV Blog was blogging Live and adding their impressions about the songs. They seemed to be not impressed with the songs, saying that their favorite are Di Michele-Coruzzi, Malika, Nina Zilli, Biggio and Mandelli and the other are more or less boring.
About Il Volo they said: “Il volo, Grande amore. Come si può intuire dal titolo, ancora una canzone d’amore. Un paio di applausi in sala stampa.” (Il volo, Grande amore. As you can guess from the title, even a love song. A couple (a few) of applause in the press room.)
. Svelate le canzoni di Sanremo: ecco chi può vincere davvero – on Il Gazzettino (Jan 23, 2015 in Italian)
About the preview of the 20 “Big” songs for Sanremo 2015, Il Gazzettino said that almost all are love songs, but no one can leave you open-mouthed. About Il Volo: “il Volo già destinati ai primi posti con una grande canzone da musical a tre voci sull’amore assoluto” – or Il Volo already designed to the first places with a great song at three voices about the absolute love”.
. Sanremo 2015, l’ascolto in anteprima delle canzoni dei Campioni – on Rockol (Jan 23, 2015 in Italian)
Il Volo, “Grande amore” (Francesco Boccia, Ciro Esposito). Forget the three tenorini, the kids are “normal” singers, trying trying to stand off the air of the “old young” Italian bel canto that took them around the world. The song is super classic, with an opening designed to peel the hands at the Ariston. But the text … “Tell me you are, you are my only great love.” – In summary: Announced winner? Science Fiction: win Sanremo, go to Eurovision, they win and take it to Italy.
. Sanremo, le pagelle dei 20 big tra Soliti Idioti e trottolini amorosi Malika Ayane la migliore, occhio a Britti e Grandi. Atzei e Il Volo i peggiori – on Il Mattino (Jan 23, 2015 in Italian)
Il Volo: “Grande amore” – Francesco Boccia, who had a “Turuturu on the head”, signing for the three tenorini in a crisis of growth a bel canto rock accordance that looks like a parody of Queen, but more melodramatic. Ratec: 3
@cuvabeppe Oggi ho ascoltato la canzone STANDING OVATION in gara a #SANREMO2015. E’ quella de @ilvolo . GRANDE AMORE, applausi e tutti in piedi. (Beppe Cuva – radio journalist) – Today I heard the song “standing ovatio” competing at #sanremo2015 It is the Il Volo song Grande Amore, applause and everybody stand up.
@gasparebaglio Quindi secondo il @Corriereit i cantanti di @SanremoRai a rischio eliminazione sono @biancaatzei, @ilvolo, @lfabianofficial e @ninazilli… (Gaspare Bgglio– journalist)