Gianluca is sorry for making the last lesson so hard – he thought it was pretty easy! You did not like the word search? And no one guessed the secret phrase? Ok, answers to the word search are below:
For your second extra credit, I have also hidden a word or two from the titles of the songs from the Sanremo CD. See if you can find the 7 extra words. For your third extra credit, the remaining letters that are not used in the word search, spell out a phrase. See if you can guess it. Happy Hunting!
Ignazio Piero Gianluca Win Eurovision! ♥ Did no one get this??
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Your clue: “a great prophecy…”
HOMEWORK: I hope you at least enjoyed Houseboat! With our lovely Sophia…
Ok, let’s take a little coffee break! There is a little Italian caffè down the street, let’s stop in for a cappuccino and some biscotti…
I would like a vente ounce cappuccino and a chocolate biscotti, please.
Vorrei un cappuccino vente oncia e biscotti al cioccolato, per favore.
Ignazio will have a grande espresso with cream and a cannoli, please.
- caffè (espresso)—a small cup of very strong coffee, i.e., espresso
- caffè Americano—American-style coffee, but stronger; weaker than espresso and served in a large cup
- caffè corretto—coffee “corrected” with a shot of grappa, cognac, or other spirit
- caffè doppio—double espresso
- caffè freddo—iced coffee (remember when Piero and Ignazio said they were freddo in Russia?)
- caffè Hag—decaffeinated coffee (ironically, this is the same in German!)
- caffè latte—hot milk mixed with coffee and served in a glass for breakfast
- caffè macchiato—espresso “stained” with a drop of steamed milk: small version of a cappuccino
- caffè marocchino—espresso with a dash of hot milk and cacao powder
- caffè stretto—espresso with less water; rocket fuel!
- cappuccino—espresso infused with steamed milk and drunk in the morning, but never after lunch or dinner
- granita di caffè con panna—frozen, iced beverage (similar to a slush, but ice shavings make it authentic) and topped with whipped cream
Also, to help you a little more with your pronunciations and a few extra phrases, (since we cannot be there in person to help you!), I have found a few YouTube videos. There are literally thousands out there, but I thought these were good. The one girl sounds a lot like a female Piero, they must be from the same area of Italy!
I hope you enjoy your lezione oggi!