Not since the British invasion (the army and The Beatles) has an event been more anticipated than the Il Volo Concert Schedule Announcement! Even though all dates and venues haven’t been made public, people (me) are trying to find tickets.
I already know I will be at the Chicago (Elgin 6/20) and Detroit (Sterling Hts 6/19) concerts. I think a lot of us will be in Chicago. I can hardly believe I will have the chance to meet some of you who I have been in communication with for well over a year. Last year I was privileged to meet Loretta, Mary B. (and family), Christine, June and Lisa (Lijoy). Could I be so lucky to see them again and meet even more Crew this year? Just wait until you see the hug I have in store for Linda, Kelly, Elaine and Michele! It will always be odd to me how you can know someone and yet, never have laid eyes on them. I know I missed meeting some of you last year. This year I will make an avenue available for those of you, like me, who want to meet other Flight Crew Members at the concerts.
Although I would like all 15 concerts close to me, I am already satisfied. My wish is for our other friends to have the opportunity to see and hear such special talent. That’s why I’m hoping for concerts scheduled in or near, at least, New Orleans, Dallas, Phoenix, Las Vegas and Portland. I purposely did not write Minneapolis. No, not because I couldn’t spell it (I couldn’t), but because it’s too far for me to go and I’m hoping to force 3 lovely ladies to Chicago! You can pretty much count on California, New York and Florida to be Il Volo stops. Oh heck Boys! We need another month!
Be sure to watch our calendar. We’ll let you know as soon as other cities are announced.
So, what are your thoughts this year? Here are some more of the things spinning around in my head:
– Will They be different (hope not)
– Will They look more like grown men? (Oh No! I really want my curly haired babies back!)
– I hope we can take pictures!
– Wow! Performing with the Elgin Symphony Orchestra!
– Wish we had a clue to what They will be singing.
– I’ll get Meet & Greets so I can touch Them again!
– Will I embarrass myself by rushing the stage or attacking security personnel?
– Will we see Them in May on Family, The Talk, Tonight Show?
– Will a new album come out first?
– Could there still be unlucky people who have not heard Il Volo?
– How did I get so lucky?
– Will They be more out of my reach, the more famous They get?
– Will They finally sing songs They wrote?
– Will They be back in the Fall? Christmas?
– Will there be another PBS Special?
– When will They realize that no one loves Them more than I do and come over for dinner?
– Will They be clean shaven or sport those handsome beards (w/o dimple coverage, Please!)
– Will I still swoon when Gianluca smiles? When Piero pushes back his glasses? Because Ignazio exists?
– And the ever present – Can I lose 10 pounds before the concert?
What have I missed? What else is it that we positively, absolutely have to know? What thoughts do you have?
Well Boys, we have the welcome mat out, the light on and our credit cards in hand.
We’re ready for you. I just know, that by now, your souls are yearning to sing to us!