Notte Magica, June 15/16, 2017, Dusseldorf and Hamburg, Germany


nottemagica header

Sprechen sie Deutsch?

Team Il Volo had a few days of “relax time” and then were off to thrill the people in Dusseldorf and Hamburg, Germany  this past week.  Do you remember back in 2009 when they were asked what the most difficult language was to learn?   Yes, it was German.  All three of them agreed and attempted to say a few German words.  But, that was then and this is now…world class singers with style and grace…at ease with knowing bits of language from all over the entire world!    

Getting ready for the concert.  Piero with Master Diego Basso.


Yep, tie looks straight!



I am sorry some of these videos are a little blurry, but the music is sublime!




This next video is about 10 minutes long, but worth watching it to the end.  It’s so cute, they ask the audience if anyone speaks Italian, then English, then German…then they say that Piero will speak Italian, Gianluca will speak English and Ignazio will speak German to them!  The audience loves it when Ignazio speaks his German!



Ignazio hamming it up in Hamburg!

Don’t know where they were when this photo was taken, but I just had to end the post with this heavenly vision in BLUE!


And now it’s on to Moscow!!


Credit to all owners of videos and photos.





10 thoughts on “Notte Magica, June 15/16, 2017, Dusseldorf and Hamburg, Germany”

  1. Beautiful Jane, I would say that the guys have also had great success in Germany, they are very fond of everywhere.

    If anyone is interested I translate this ad.

    Saturday from 16 am aired on the Hamburg concert of Il Volo.
    To access from Berlin on FM 91.0 Mhz or cable
    92.6 Mhz or worldwide and digital in livestream
    Saturday at 4 pm we will exchange impressions of the Hamburg Concert in our show.
    Click on to listen to live streaming

  2. Thank you Jane!!! Wonderful videos!!! Our precious Boys presenting this Magical Concert to our European IlVolovers!!! No matter where in the world we live, we have the same Love & appreciation for these amazing young men!!! Grande Amore!!!

  3. So, I’m back! My very first il volo concert in Düsseldorf, Germany! We had tropical temperatures on concert day and thunder showers on the way to the concert!
    Hi, you all, here’s Astrid from Bavaria and here’s my il volo experience for you to read, if you like to.
    My tour was a three day trip to Düsseldorf. Wednesday arrival, 2 hours shopping, then a sprint to the hotel, to skype with my Mom, who didn’t believe we could do it at all in my il volo week. She lives in North Carolina in a nursing home and we meet every week and chat a few hours, thanks to skype! She was tickled pink to see me sitting in my hotel room and is excited to hear my story come Thursday, when we skype again as usual, me in the kitchen, she in the library!
    After seing Mom was all right, I called my family and showed them I was well taken care off, where I was. One duty left-a call to an old friend of the family, I saw last time about 16 years ago, that lives in Wuppertal, near Düsseldorf; she was on the Agenda for Friday!
    Thursday, a beautiful hot day. I decided to go sight seeing and go to the Rhein-water, perfect by those Italian temperatures outside. Boy was it hot! Also, it was a holiday and the whole of Düsseldorf seemed to be on the way to the water. I went for a cooling boatride and walked around a bit looking at the beautiful sites offered. Before I went back to the hotel to get ready for the concert and meet my new friends, of course il voloers, I decided to find the location, so it would be easier when in a rush in the evening. After a long ride to and from the Mitsubischi Hall, it was time to get ready.
    This evening, I not only met il volo, I also was going to finally see my new friends. Twins, about my age, that I got into contact over my search of fellow German il voloers, going to this concert. They had made reservations at an Italian Restaurant for us all and we’ld meet on the train-so the plan.
    Ready to go, I was braked down by a thunder shower. So back to the hotelroom, snatch my umbrella and down and out it goes in my Sandals, hopping from one puddle to the other. I was overdue to catch that train, we would meet in! Got there just in time and…the train was late due to whatever… Finally on it, I had no clue where my red-headed friends were, so I messaged, we’ld meet when we get of the train-it was still pouring cats and dogs, by the way! Well, the end of it, they were on the next train and I was running around like a headless chicken, trying to find them in the rain. We fell in each others arms, when we finally got a hold of each other and couldn’t stop talking and laughing, and decided it was time to go search for that Italian Restaurant. Sylvia made us the guide and Iris and I followed giving helping (or not helping) hints to which could be the right way. Sylvia, officially now, the perfect Navigator, kept us on track and we go there in perfect time to have a lovely first dinner together.
    Did I mention, I brought us work while waiting for the bet Pizza I had ever eaten, but first a drink and a picture of our wonderful Notte Magica! You know, I was shopping on Wednesday evening. I got presents for the boys and Barbara, who had her birthday a few days before. Barbara got a gorgeous High Heel all made of chocolate and the boys the same, except theirs were football shoes. Sylvia wrote the cards and Iris and I dictated. We wrote in Italian and Englisch as my new friends are learning Italian, guess why…?! Just in time for Pizza, we got the Gift bags finished and packed away! That’s Teamwork!!!
    About 7:30 we and our bags got back to the location, talking, singing and giggling like teenagers. They were so sweet, happy to be with me at my very first concert with the boys.
    Thanks to the resolute Sylvia, we got the gift bags through security and I still admire how this red head always manages to make problems vanish like dust. They brought me to my seat and we wished each other a wonderful Notte Magica! I felt like I had ants in my pants, I was so excited-did I mention 1st ROW!!!
    What shall I say, they came and the first notes, I was all over with goose bumps!!! What power, energy, charisma and feeling in every word they sing. You just want to melt away…
    People I tried my best to record most of the songs, for me, for you, but it was hard not just to sit, enjoy and go with the crowds roaring! It was amazing, strangers became friends, fellows, I just can’t describe it!
    As always, as they say, it was over much to soon. I did catch Barbara on the sidelines and was allowed to give her her present at one part of the concert. Got an unexpected hug from her and changed a few words, quietly congratulating her. Gianluca’s father was on the sides, too, making fotos for his posts of the concert.
    Then we were on our way out, my friends and I went back to my hotel and had a last drink and talk about it all. All three of us had noticed, how tired and worn out the boys seemed to be, when not directly singing. We are worried about their health-guys, they are touring 8 years, now. The fun and play of the teenie years is gone. Wait there’s more, now it gets personally even more exciting!
    Friday, day of the Hamburg concert, my day for a reunion with a very good friend, almost a sister for me. Drove to the train station and noticed, I’m again going to miss this train, because I have health problems. My feet were on the go the past days almost non-stop and they were reminding me painfully, I’m no spring chicken anymore, no, I’m 62!!! They were swollen every day more and I had every day changed shoes to relieve the painful rubbed open spots. Today, I was really wearing comfy sandals, but it didn’t help, I needed to get some socks to get me through this last long day without getting knocked out.
    As I missed the train, I searched for a info station, to get me on the right track again. Guys, guess who I met there by chance–Piero and his Dad!!! They couldn’t find the right track to Hamburg for the last concert in Germany that evening, as you know. I was baffled, but took a quick pic, before they went off to track 17A. After my legs and my brain functioned again, I started following them to that track, in the hope of-what?! Yes, there they were, Piero, his Dad, Gianluca-on the phone, Ignacio, Barbara, the Maestro and somebody I didn’t know. And here I stood, swollen feet and all mixed up, upset, brainless, I just looked at them and saw our 3 wonderful young men, tired, worn out and all I could say is, when will you all finally get some rest and recreation-you need it so badly? Barbara recognized me from the evening before and told Igna I was the lady with the shoes for them all and half heartedly asked if I’ld like a selfie with them…of course I would have, who wouldn’t, but they didn’t react, maybe not heard her. So, at least I stole me a few pics of the boys, said farewell, wished them all the best for the concert and the future and left to go to my train…and I started to cry,,,it was just too much at one time, I guess!
    This is my story. Cut it, so it will be readable and not boring, or just don’t publish it, if it’s not relevant enough…do whatever you want with it. It took me the whole of my ‘Notte Magica’ CD to write it and now I feel sad again after writing the last experience down. If I can, I will send concert pictures and songs, I’m just not sure if I can get the technical straight, but I’ll try.

    1. Lovely story Astrid! What a thrill to meet them on the street, so to speak. I hopeyou figure out the “technical” and we can all ooh and aah over your pictures! You tell a great tale!

    2. Oh, Astrid, I so loved reading your account.
      I so loved that it was a spontaneous sharing, unedited.
      I so enjoyed your adventures, the chocolate high heels and the chocolate football shoes…. and I especially got thrilled about your account on missing your train then bumping into Piero and his Dad!…. and later the rest of the gang!…. Divine Providence…. Everything indeed happens for the best.

      Thank you so much, Astrid…. for sharing your sweet story.
      It is precious.
      Warm greetings.

  4. Astrid, I loved your story! How fun and exciting for you to meet your new friends PLUS see the guys perform for the first time. And then to run into them at the train station made your experience all the more fun. Thanks for sharing this with us. Looking forward to seeing your pictures!!

  5. Thank you Astrid for sharing your story and experience with Il Volo. Seeing them for the first time and being with friends had to be wonderful. Amazing that you saw them the next day at the train station. I do worry that they must be very tired after all the traveling and all the concerts. They really haven’t had an extended period to rest, just a few days here and there.

  6. Thanks Astrid, it was a wonderful experience, thanks for telling it to all of us.
    Beautiful idea to give chocolate shoes.
    Enjoying the first concert in the front row is not really what everyone, what a surprise, you have had a truly unique vision.
    What about the fortune you had at the train station?
    There are no words, and I believe that you too will be speechless when you see them.
    They were really beautiful days, compliments

Leave a Reply