The controversy over the treatment of Piero, Gianluca and Ignazio by the press room is not over yet.
Even today (Sunday) while I am writing this post for you, a television program has just ended, where the guests talked about Sanremo and how unjust the treatment suffered by our boys is.
The newspapers and television programs that have talked about this topic are many. I will try to make an overview with bad things, I would say very bad that they were written and that certainly will make you angry a lot, and also beautiful things.
Surely this collage of comments by the journalist Domenico Naso, will make you shiver with rage. He was in the press room and published these comments to brag about it, but the thing turned against him.
This man speaks of an “anti-VOLO brigade”, in short, a sort of group of people who do not like IL VOLO, (and this is their right), but which in any case tries to hinder the success of IL VOLO (and this is a really very vile act).
In the first comment, on the left, he comments on the famous video of the press room, published by his colleague Silvia Truzzi (always to brag), his comment says:
So much love for the mythical anti-Volo brigade of which I am honored to be a part.
In the comment at the bottom left he writes:
The Festival musically more “contemporary” than ever, is likely to crown again the three young-old. It’s Italy.
First comment at the top right:
Hallucinating ranking: IL VOLO among the first three.
Other than whistling, there would be to devastate the Ariston (the theater).
And now we do NOT DISPERSE THE VOTE.
OTHERWISE WE RISK FINDING OURSELVES, THE THREE THINGS.
Second comment on the right:
I’m sure the press room anti-IL VOLO brigade will be honoring my seat at this difficult time. True?
Last comment on the right:
Danger averted, I repeat: danger averted.
Abandoning the anti-atomic shelters, the country is safe.
(Sanremo was over and IL VOLO had not won)
When I read these comments, I was baffled ……. BUT HOW IS THIS ALLOWED ?????
I know that now you are full of anger at the comments of this “journalist”, but do you think he understood or apologized? Absolutely not, in fact he said that it is not about bullying, but he does not like IL VOLO, so it’s a long time that he’s ironic about it.
My friend Melina, posted on the journalist’s Facebook page, some worthy comments and then she wrote these words, which I consider absolutely correct:
So far I have not commented on the story of this horrible Festival of Sanremo, having to overcome the bitterness and anger, honestly I do not know if I have succeeded and if I can be sufficiently lucid, I’ll try.
To begin with we premise that the guys of Il Volo have been since their career began, subject to obstruction by the press and the media, this attitude has increased dramatically after the victory at Sanremo in 2015, becoming a real and a widespread and systematic boycott, which is capable of destroying them artistically and humanly, in fact the so-called “criticisms” were not directed only to their musical genre (our Italian melody, third in the world in importance), but also to them personally. They were called young-old, bimbiminkia and other similar amenities, they were accused of being presumptuous, whipped, and arrogant, all seasoned with offenses, derision and ridicule. With nobody else, the Italian press, the various “experts” and “opinionists”, have allowed themselves a so insolent and disrespectful attitude! “Those of us who tried to point out this situation were mocked and insulted.”
We come now specifically, I will not dwell on the fact that in a serious competition the juries remain the same for the duration of the event and that one is not removed in the last two evenings, to replace it with another, ridiculously called “jury of ‘honor’ which turned out to be “jury of horror”, composed among others by a cook, who invited on social networks to vote for a singer, four actresses, a friend of a competitor’s girlfriend and a former producer of a protagonist of the duets.
But as the whole world now knows, the real eyesore has been consummated in the press room where presumed professionals in the exercise of their function, have abandoned themselves to vulgar hysterical, inadmissible, incomprehensible, indefensible and unmotivated insults, epithets and personal offenses, as it is clearly visible in the videos circulated a bit everywhere. They are unworthy images of men and women, most of them with gray hair, who rant against three guys who are only doing their job, the one they study and sacrifice for. Now that this shame has come to the open, instead of doing mea culpa, the aforementioned professionals, are indignant for the violation of their privacy, moreover perpetrated by their own colleagues present, who had the brilliant idea to post the videos as if they were a pride (fortunately sometimes the impudent arrogant, they are also stupid)!
And fleeing, trying to limit the damage, citing tragicomics (tragic comedy) and childish justifications, invoking episodes of cheerful “goliardia” (university students) and finally proffering weak excuses with clenched teeth. Some of the journalists who have left an opinion have continued to turn over the omelette (take the excuse), others have cowardly preferred to delete the comments, remove the post and block. I quote here, for example, one of my thoughts written on the page of the journalist who recorded one of the incriminated videos, to boast of such dignity, comment that was promptly removed by the “lady”: “I AM A FAN OF IL VOLO. Il Volo are international stars, videos unworthy have been around the world, causing indignation and making a petty figure to the Italian press. This is the difference between you and them: they bring prestige to Italy, but you bring discredit!” . . . of course, the truth was not tolerable.
Yes, because you understood correctly, the apologies of the journalists were really ridiculous, they said that they were only goliardic scenes (similar to frat house antics).
Still here in Italy we are talking about all the bad stuff, the boys have not been on TV anymore, they are thinking about their tour dates. They really had an incredible response of correctness and education, they are really an example.
But now I want to show you some nice messages that have arrived.
First of all this comment is by Gianna Nannini, the evening of the duets wrote as follows:
“This is rock! Yesterday you split the Ariston with that violin!”
And this was posted a couple of days ago by Alessandro Quarta:
The moment that I would live another million times!
“Sanremo 2019” with “Il Volo” and the “Standing Ovation” of the Ariston Theater and of all those who love their music in the world, because it is “Musica che Resta” !!! ~ Alessandro Quarta ~
I end with this speech by Bartoletti, a great friend of our boys, here are his words:
“Look Mara, they knew perfectly well that going to Sanremo, they had to accept a regulation that included a televoting, which favored them, and two juries, admittedly against.
Yet they went the same, yet they smiled, before the verdict.
The jury of honor, placed them at the twenty-first place, is not a judgment, it is a form of artistic racism against IL VOLO, and they have always and only a smile !!”
Thanks Bartoletti, for your sincere affection for the guys !!
I really hope that the opinion of journalists and critics, has had a good shock, because it is unworthy of the behavior they had, towards Ignazio, Piero and Gianluca.
I do not know if there will be repentance from these people, but at least that for the future they have learned the lesson, because these guys are “great” in every sense and must be respected.
As for Alessandro Quarta, I sincerely hope that he can perform with IL VOLO in concert so that we can all enjoy this wonderful performance!
Credit to owners of all photos.